Regional Service Director - Children & Family Services – Lower Mainland, BC
Job ID J0121-0670
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Regional Service Director - Children & Family Services
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Monday – Friday; Flexibility with scheduling, including frequent travel.
WJS Canada delivers direct services to children and youth with complex needs, experiencing mental illness, substance related concerns, psychological trauma and diverse abilities, within a trauma-informed care framework.
This executive-level position uses a highly collaborative approach and strong clinical background, to oversee daily operations of the Children & Family Services sector, at our CARF-accredited agency, in consultation with other stakeholders including ministries and/or agencies that support children, youth and CLBC.
As a strategic leader, the Regional Service Director uses considerable knowledge of clinical practice to determine strategies, set goals, create/implement action plans, and evaluate the teams' alignment of daily practices and achievement of this social service agency's organizational goals. As an effective decision maker and communicator, they triage situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and delegate/partner with Program Directors/Managers, stakeholders and/or partners to resolve issues and reach service and quality targets.
Location: Located at our head office in Maple Ridge, BC, with the ability to travel frequently within the province (including Vancouver Island) to the various programs.
Scheduling: This permanent, full-time position will work a flexible weekly schedule (40 hours) to meet operational needs. Required to provide “on call” support during scheduled time off.
In Your Role You Will
• Be a collaborative leader who displays high emotional intelligence as they inspire their team to develop strategic solutions to complex organizational, financial, people management, and systems issues.
• Create connections, trust and shared meaning with government officials, funding sources, clients, and the community; promoting the goals and objectives of WJS Canada.
• Respond to impacts of legislative changes, resource needs and other matters of importance.
• Recruit, screen, hire, train, supervise and evaluate designated senior management positions; take disciplinary action if required.
• Coach and mentor Program Directors and Managers through positive reinforcement, strengths-based feedback and coaching.
• Present proposals/recommendations clearly, logically and persuasively; and prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports to and in association with the Chief of Client Services.
• Develop, implement, monitor, and amend departmental budgets
• Plan and coordinate policy development governing the service sector, in consultation with the Chief of Client Services.
• Ensure compliance with all professional licensing, accreditation requirements and/or other legal/regulatory requirements.
• Promote the health, welfare, safety and security of persons served and staff.
• Represent WJS Canada at conferences, meetings, functions as appropriate.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Clinical experience and Registered Clinical Counsellor designation required
• Masters in Social Work.
• Expert knowledge in practices for complex needs populations with mental health issues, substance abuse and psychological trauma.
• Previous experience managing programs, funding, budgeting, program planning, risk management, assessment skills and labour relations.
• Analyze and interpret financial data.
• Champions collaboration and teamwork to foster cooperative work environments.
• Expert knowledge of safety and behavioral support plans/resources, restrictive procedures, with emphasis on trauma informed practices and strengths-based recovery.
• Skill in the use of computers and related applications, including Windows and Linux platforms and MS and/or Open Office suites; willingness to learn and adapt to new software.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract and reliable, safe vehicle with appropriate insurance.
**Successful applicants will be required to participate in MCFD screening prior to confirmed employment with WJS Canada.**
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply online at www.wjscanada.com
Or click (copy/paste into your internet browser) the link below:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!