Facilitator, Multicultural Youth & Safe Relationships Project
Department: Family & Settlement Services
The goal of the Multicultural Youth & Safe Relationships (MY&SR) Project is to motivate and facilitate the engagement of immigrant, refugee and racialized youth and their caregivers in teen relationship violence prevention workshops designed to decrease risk factors and enhance protective factors. Under the supervision and guidance of the Coordinator, MY&SR, the Facilitator is responsible for delivering youth relationship violence education and prevention workshops and associated activities for youth and adult clients of the program. The Facilitator also supports and participates in delivery of other program services and activities. This position requires a strong understanding of gender-based violence, youth, and workshop facilitation, as well as a capacity to work with families from diverse multicultural backgrounds.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related area (e.g. gender studies, social
work, education) or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, training and
• Knowledge and experience in the areas of gender-based violence, youth and adult engagement, immigrant settlement issues and needs.
• Experience and ability to engage effectively with youth (age 11-16).
• Experience and competence facilitating interactive workshops and/or sessions
(online and in-person).
• Experience and competence working with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office suite and remote platforms such as
MS Teams and Zoom. Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent spoken and written English communication skills (additional
languages are an asset).
• A current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• Flexibility to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
Hours: 35 hrs per week
Please note, this is a limited term position until March 31st, 2023. This position will be based at our Vancouver location and may require occasional travel to other service locations. Due to COVID, services are presently being delivered remotely, and are subject to change based on current public health directives.
STARTING PAY: $23.93 to $25.39 commensurate with experience
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
This position will be based at our Vancouver location and may require occasional travel to other service locations. Due to COVID, services are presently being delivered remotely, and are subject to change based on current public health directives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!