Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services (CVVRS) is a joint venture comprised of two well-respected
vocational rehabilitation providers. With more than 40 years experience providing comprehensive vocational
rehabilitation services, Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services brings together a national network of
service providers and vocational rehabilitation experts to ensure the best support for Veterans and their families.
CVVRS is recruiting for a Program Assistant in the Halifax, NS region.
*This position will be temporarily remote.
- Provide direct administrative support to the CVVRS Team and the National Contract Manager to ensure program adherence to contract requirements
- Establish and adhere to processes (records management, data entry, and reporting and analysis) to ensure contract compliance, and smooth program operation.
- Ensure the coordination of various administrative tasks for multiple regional sites.
- Handling internal and external communications with both staff and external providers/vendors.
- Assist with core service and claims processing by helping to review, correct, and resolve declined claims and core services.
- Assist with screening new applicants and managing the hiring/onboarding of new employees.
- Provide a wide range of administrative support which includes maintaining office equipment, meeting and greeting clients, preparing for meetings, daily and weekly data entry, maintaining office supplies, generating and maintaining accurate records (electronic and manual), inputting financial data and generating financial reports (invoicing and purchase orders) etc.
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study.
- 2 years of experience in general office administration.
- Experience in a rehabilitation or employment services setting.
- Fluency in a second language is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral; ability to produce grammatically accurate emails, letters and informal communications.
- Keyboarding of 50-70 WPM.
- Excellent numeric skills, with proven ability (through formal qualifications and/or experience).
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), email and databases.
- Strong financial knowledge, including accounting procedures and software; invoice processing and reconciliation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player that has the ability to accept responsibility, and to cooperate and communicate with others to accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Highly organized and strong time management skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Flexible to changing demands of the job.
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: $37,345.40
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): until filled
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Recruiting Officer
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible