Senior Youth Care Counsellor Specialist
Community Residential Program
About Us: Closer to Home Community Services (CTH) is a Calgary and Airdrie based not-for-profit agency that delivers a variety of services designed to meet the needs of vulnerable children and their families. Be a part of an innovative team that envisions:
- A future where every child will belong to a family and feel valued and secure
- All families can care for their children and contribute meaningfully in their community
- A broad array of strength-based and family-centered services that teach, coach and support families to create new possibilities and achieve better futures together
About the Position:
- This permanent full-time position, in Calgary, works closely with a team of professionals to support youth in a community residential program.
- The Senior Youth Care Counsellor Specialist’s primary responsibility is to support their team by ensuring high rates of communication with program supervisor/on call, responsible for all documentation required on their shift, effectively passing on all information and treatment interventions to other staff on shift and ensuring they are followed, medication management, delegating and ensuring completion of the day to day functioning of the home, providing mentoring and coaching to other staff on shift.
- Utilizing the Teaching Family Model, the Senior Youth Care Counsellor Specialist is responsible for youth’s acquisition of relevant skills which will support them to live safely and thrive in the community.
- The Senior Youth Care Counsellor Specialist will participate in individual supervision and team meetings, in-service training, and will work collaboratively with a transdisciplinary team to ensure treatment strategies are effectively implemented.
- You have a minimum of one (1) year experience delivering the Teaching Family Model in a Group Care/Residential setting.
- You possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- You are extremely detail oriented and organized and can manage multiple priorities at one time.
- You are an effective leader, who is able to provide conceptual developmental feedback to adults.
- Willing to work an unstructured work week, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- A Diploma or Degree in a related field is preferred and previous experience working with vulnerable youth and families is an asset.
- The successful candidate must also have a valid Alberta Driver’s License, adequate and current insurance and be willing to provide a Driver’s Abstract upon hire. In addition, a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and an Intervention Record Check must be completed prior to commencement.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
Required Competencies: All positions at Closer to Home Community Services require (5) competencies: Instills Trust, Consumer Focus, Communicates Effectively, Situational Adaptability and Ensures Accountability.
We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, disability, (2) weeks holidays and a generous Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
Closer to Home is committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the children/youth and families we serve. We value and promote inclusion throughout our organization.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their Cover Letter and Resume using the following link:
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.closertohome.com.