Evenings and Saturday availability required
This position responds to enquiries from the child care community and the general public regarding a wide range of issues regarding early childhood care and education resources. Where appropriate, referrals are given to appropriate programs or services. The position is actively engaged in the development and maintenance of the Early Childhood Resource Library. They work in co-ordination with the Child Care Options Resource and Referral (CCORR) program.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assistance to library patrons and opening library subscriptions for new patrons.
• Presentation of information sessions and tours to potential user groups and the general public.
• Development of library resources as required.
• Maintenance of the physical library space and resources including cleaning and repair of library materials.
• Management of library transactions including circulation, reservations, holds, fine collection, missing items, and communication with library users.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the library software.
• Participate in ongoing planning and development of ECR library services.
Education, Training, and Experience
The candidate must have:
• Early Childhood Education and/or equivalent education and one year previous experience working with young children and parents.
• Current Level I First Aid certificate.
• Basic to advanced computer training and experience.
• A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of current child care practice, issues, trends and community resources;
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team;
• Valid Level 1 First Aid Certificate;
• Good computer skills and experience with library database systems;
• Class 5 Driver’s License and use of a reliable vehicle;
• No relevant criminal history;
• Second language ability an asset.
• Crisis Line experience an asset.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
Applicants with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!