The Supervisor, Real Estate Portfolio Administration is responsible for overseeing the administrative and support aspects of a wide range of real estate services relating to the acquisition, development, management and disposal of land for BC Housing and the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation. The position also conducts research regarding potential property opportunities and is key in reviewing and distributing available opportunities to Real Estate Services (RES) and Development & Asset Strategies (DAS) staff. The Supervisor supports the department by completing the purchase and disposition of group home properties and other acquisition and dispositions as needed. This position coordinates Crown Grant applications and Indigenous Consultation / Notification processes and conducts redevelopment reviews for properties being considered for capital upgrades. The position supervises a Real Estate Financial Administrator and an Administrative Coordinator.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in real estate management, business administration, land use planning or other relevant discipline.
• Completion of a number of courses leading to certification as an Accredited Appraiser or similar certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques associated with real estate administration
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of contract law, legal agreements, legal instruments and registration processes with respect to real estate
• Some knowledge of real estate evaluation, feasibility analysis, and best-use analysis
• Sound knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s programs, development, financial and lending policies, specifically relating to the development and administration of real estate
• Some knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles
• Advanced knowledge of and expertise in enterprise applications such as JDE, Oracle, and proficiency in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Word and MS Project
• Ability to determine business requirements to ensure the effective administration of real estate functions and oversee their implementation
• Ability to supervise staff and provide leadership in accomplishing objectives
• Ability to function effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
• Ability to foster strong working relationships with consultants, developers, agencies, public sector organizations, housing providers and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
• Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, co-ordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a broad range of audiences
• Strong research, analytical, problem solving, conceptual thinking, planning and organizational skills
• Strong mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to detail
• Possession of a valid BC Driver’s License
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact .
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!