Permanent Part-time (7 hours per week)
On-call Casual Position
This program focuses on community integration, family support, appropriate behavior and development of communication, social and life skills.
This position is responsible for providing one to one service to children aged 3-18 years who have autism and /or development disabilities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with children ages 3-18 who have a developmental disability.
- May also work with Adults who have a developmental disability.
- Responsibility for creating and implementing strategies designed to work toward individual client goals such as the development of social and life skills, communication skills, behavior management skills and community involvement.
- Responsibility for scheduling, report writing and budgeting.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
- Lifting/bending may be required.
- Performs other information and referral duties as directed by the Program Manager, or designate.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/ or combination of relevant education and experience
- Current Level I First Aid Certificate.
- Unrestricted Class 4 license or ability to obtain one within 6 months.
- Use of a reliable vehicle for business purposes (business insurance will be required)
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Energy and enthusiasm for working with children who have autism and/or a developmental disability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Non-judgmental, respectful, positive, supportive, empowering attitude, strong oral communication skills;
- No relevant criminal history.
- Second language abilities an asset;
- Crisis Line experience an asset.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
Applicants with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.