Position Purpose Summary:
The Music Coordinator/Chaplain provides music ministry oversight at Harbour Light as key component of his calling to provide Christian based pastoral care services for clients and staff.
· The incumbent is involved in minor financial matters regularly, or on a relief basis, or has responsibility for the wise use of his/her own resources. He/She may be authorized to spend, disburse, or collect small amounts of cash. The incumbent has very little input into the annual budget.
· The incumbent is responsible for his/her own time and effort only. He/She may be responsible as a group/work leader.
· The position description will be reviewed at least annually. Changes or adjustments will be made following interaction with the Executive Director or Designate.
The incumbent’s work environment is typically in an office in a ministry unit/social services facility.
He/She will work under the following disagreeable conditions:
EXPOSURE TO HAZARDS:
The job incumbent may be exposed to the risk of minor to moderate injury or illnesses due to:
The incumbent must take the following precautionary measures (in addition to health and safety rules):
Qualifications and Education requirements:
· The successful job applicant will have completed up to two (2) years of Community College.
· Two to five years of related experience in chaplaincy/pastoral position in a musical ministry context, e.g. hired to lead worship in a church setting or other professional music experience
· The performance of the job requires attentive listening, analyzing, and providing guidance.
· The performance of the job requires a moderate amount of standing, walking, assisting clients in wheel chairs/walkers, intervening in physical confrontations, and some data input. The incumbent is required to lift up to 10 pounds.
· Willingness to adhere to the Mission and Values of Harbour Light and The Salvation Army
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
HOURS: Mon – Fri, 8.00am to 4.00 pm. flexible hours may be negotiated.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!