Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
· High School diploma, plus specialized courses of up to six (6) months.
· Current and up to date WHIMS, First Aid Level I, Food Safe Level I
· One to three years Cooking experience with at least one year in Institutional Cooking
· Must be fluent in English, both orally and written
· Is knowledgeable about food preparation and is familiar with kitchen equipment
· Willingness to adhere to the Mission Statement of Harbour Light and the values of The Salvation Army
· Must be able to work variety of shifts including 5 AM
· Has the ability to stand for extended periods of time
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!