· Monitors and ensures the safety of clients and the facility by performing duties such as answering telephone calls, screening clients, admission/discharge of clients and securing the building.
· Interviews clients, gathers background information, determines their suitability for the program, and makes referrals to other programs and services required.
· Provides emotional support to clients in crisis by performing duties such as monitoring clients’ physical needs, referring clients to outside agencies and or a Harbour Light Case Worker.
· Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as bed lists, daily logs, and incident reports.
· Encourages and supports individuals to make healthy choices and practices, provides provision of health and safety materials.
· Accurately records day-to-day happenings using appropriate methods; maintains logbooks and completes occurrence reports.
· Maintains HIFIS database and daily and monthly statistics as required.
· Maintains shelter cleanliness and order, including requisitioning supplies and client and shelter laundry.
· Participates as a team member with other staff to ensure a safe and caring shelter environment.
· Performs a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Post-secondary education in a related field would be considered an asset.
· First Aid and CPR certificate preferred.
· Previous experience and/or training working with the homeless.
· Must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the homeless and individuals with substance abuse and concurrent problems, including mental health concerns.
· Beginner to intermediate computer skills.
· Willingness to adhere to the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!