position Purpose summary:
The Driver provides pick-up and delivery services to donors, clients & customers by exercising safe and careful driving and material handling procedures.
· Ensures overall compliance with all safety procedures by implementing and monitoring Health & Safety policies and procedures
· Organize donations
· Monitor garbage area and laneway
· Ensures safe and careful handling of all pick-ups, deliveries, donations, kettle & other funds while protecting property, including donations & vehicles
· Performs circle check of vehicles and maintains truck log book
· Takes responsibility for daily and overall safety, operation of vehicle and records accordingly
· Interacts with customers and donors in a courteous and professional manner
· Loads and unloads goods at warehouse, destinations and other storage facilities
· Maintains knowledge of legislative and company policies such as Health & Safety Regulations, provincial and municipal highway traffic acts
· Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
· The successful job applicant will have completed High School, plus specialized courses of up to six (6) months.
· Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a satisfactory ICBC Driver’s Abstract
· Current certification in First Aid/CPR (or willing to be trained)
· Criminal Record Review Program clearance
· Ability to work with individuals with a diverse background.
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision
· Be available as a relief Van Driver when required
· Must be agile and be able to sit for long periods of time
· Must be highly aware of safety awareness and procedures involving commercial vehicles
· Forklift license preferred or willing to obtain one
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a non-judgemental attitude, as well as possess and exercise good interpersonal relationship skills by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, staff, visitors and volunteers.
· Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills, effective listening skills, and organizational skills
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
· A valid Class 5 (or higher) BC Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract
HOURS: Saturday & Sunday, 6.45am – 01:00pm (Including driving on stat holidays and call-out to cover drivers that have called in sick and who are on approved advance holiday)
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!