The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY
Reporting to the Divisional Director of Development and working closely with the Major Gift team, the Individual Giving Specialist will play a central role in the development, planning and implementation of the Mid-Level donor program, which is focused on donors giving in the $1,000 - $5,000 range.
This position will act as the Development team’s dedicated internal resource to develop this pool of donors by executing a multichannel program aimed at renewing and increasing support. The role will work to compliment the annual marketing program with best practice that informs the Mid-Level program and runs as a regularly scheduled series of meaningful touchpoints.
- Coordinate an innovative mid-level program, providing a direct personalized connecting point with donors who give in the value range of $750 to $4,999
- Actively manage a portfolio of mid-giving donors through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, with a focus on moves-management to increase annual donation income, improve donor retention, and qualify donors as a major gift prospect
- Consistently engage with mid-level donors individually; responsible for all personalized thank you notes and phone calls, handwritten notes offering ministry tours, local updates by mail and email, recognition of mid-level giving, and opportunities for increased engagement
- Provide guidance and assign mid-level donors to relationship fundraising portfolios, as appropriate; ensuring fundraising staff are well informed and are primed to personally follow up with donors in a timely manner as relationship managers
- Respond to requests from mid-level donors, soliciting feedback and tracking all actions in the database
- Participate in events and activities with mid-level donors and prospects as required
- Work with internal staff to help design and prepare offers for mid-level donors, overseeing workflow from inception to completion
- Stay abreast of industry best-practices in mid-level donor management and implement applicable innovations to the program
- Continuously review pipeline and identify mid-level donors, analyzing data regarding program to identify future segmentation
- Serve as a fundraising specialist resource for ministry units across the province, meeting with units to develop proposals for fundraising including all research, writing, and editing
- Research & create written content for donor proposals and stewardship material
- Track and analyze results and revenue from mid-level donors to assess revenue and donor retention targets. Report on these metrics regularly and adjust program strategy to ensure fundraising outcomes at achieved.
- Provide back up for donor relations as needed, including donor inquiries, donation processing, receipting and correspondence
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Fundraising, Marketing, or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in fundraising, specifically donor cultivation and stewardship
- Knowledge of fund development best practices and principles
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Writing and editing experience
- Ability to lead projects to meet expected outcomes
- Strong knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies
- Thorough understanding of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT and digital marketing tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A demonstrated understanding of philanthropic trends both nationally and internationally
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands
- Ability to query, segment and analyze data for reporting, identifying new growth potential and data trends
- Ensure compliance with all policies, regulations, and laws
Successful candidates will be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- Education verification
Please include the competition # 21-008 in the subject line of your email.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.