Prince George Family Y
Must be available for all shifts, including opening shifts: 4:30am or 5:30 am start time.
Current YMCA Hours:
Monday – Friday: 6:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
What you will gain
$14.60/hr Starting Wage
6% Vacation Pay
Who we are
Rooted in Northern BC for over 50 years, the YMCA of Northern BC is a charity of over 400 staff and volunteers working together to strengthen the foundations of our community through promoting healthy living, fostering belonging, inclusion, and connection, and helping children, families, and seniors thrive. We offer opportunities for personal growth and create social change through child care services, camp programs, community health services, employment services, recreation, and health and fitness services.
What you will do
At the YMCA people are our greatest asset and we are proud to be an employer of choice. Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive team in an environment of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and inclusivity. The YMCA is a national leader in health, fitness, and aquatics. In northern BC, we proudly offer health and recreation services for all ages in Prince George and Vanderhoof.
What you will bring
Our experienced ambassadors and leaders are passionate about supporting individuals of all ages and abilities to meet their goals and thrive. They believe in putting people first with YMCA 5-Star Service and creating environments that are welcoming, caring, and fun through well-maintained facilties and meaningful relationships.
Responsibilities and abilities
- As a Membership Services Ambassador, who reports to the Membership Services Coordinator, you are responsible to ensure that the Membership Services desk is friendly and welcoming, and operates in a safe, efficient manner, focusing on delivering a “5-Star Experience” to all YMCA members and participants. The Membership Services Ambassador is responsible for a wide variety of duties including membership sales and program registration, telephone inquiries and sales, data entry and administrative duties, as well as building tours. The YMCA is open seven days per week and this position will include a variety of opening shifts, dayshifts, mid-day shifts, and closing shifts with the expectation of any of the listed shifts.
- Interact directly with prospective and current members in a positive manner while guiding and redirecting situations when conflicts arise
- Demonstrate and role model appropriate behaviour at all times that aligns with out values
- Maintain diligent cleaning and sanitizing practices related to disease and infection control
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and keep accurate membership records
- Maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately prepared for all activities (shoveling, cleaning, helping with other physically demanding tasks)
- Promote and actively sell memberships to prospective members in a safe and informative manner
- Provide information on our current policies and procedures; emphasizing on our health and safety precautions related to disease control
- Completing telephone check-in and sales calls to current and potential members (minimum 10 per shift)
- Be efficient, highly organized and pay attention to detail
- Strives to stay up to date with information regarding membership changes, current activities, priorities, and events occurring in the facility
- Participates in staff meetings as required
- Performs other assigned or related duties as needed
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Sales and service skills an asset
- Phyiscal ability to do the duties required.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Three satisfactory professional references.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Leadership/Coaching – Ability to lead by example and encourage staff, members, and the public to adhere to our policies and procedures. Ability to perform tasks as an individual as well as part of a team. Ability to respect the perspectives and ideas of others.
- Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills – Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results and willing to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization. Ability to uphold facility policies and procedures in potentially difficult situations with staff and members.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals. Ability to plan shifts enabling completion of all tasks outline in the policies and procedures of Membership Services and the Prince George Family Y.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
- Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
- Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Strategic Planning/Visioning - Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and action to achieve vision.