PLEA Community Services is currently seeking an Excluded Full-Time Recruitment Specialist for our HR team. The position will start as soon as possible. This position is excluded from BCGEU membership.
The incumbent is responsible to provide a full range of recruitment services and create a positive candidate experience, to ensure the recruitment process complies with the applicable legislation and/or terms of the Collective Agreement, and to promote PLEA as an employer of choice to prospective external candidates.
Please submit a resume and cover letter referencing competition number 2021016RS1. Closing date for Internal Application: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 4:30PM. If the position is not filled internally, it will remain open until filled.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with the hiring manager and the HR team to coordinate the agency's full-cycle recruitment process, deliver effective workforce planning, and to identify future recruitment needs.
- Finds, presents, and engages in external opportunities to promote PLEA to prospective candidates. Leads external recruitment efforts, including job fairs and social media content.
- Leads HR's involvement in the student programs.
- Represents HR on the hiring teams. Conducts behavioural based interviews to assess candidates.
- Provides subject matter expertise, coaching and training on recruitment processes to managers to ensure fairness of hiring practices and compliance with policies, the Collective Agreement, and legislation.
- Acts as the main point of contact for shortlisted candidates throughout the recruitment cycle and ensures the completion of the correct documentation and approvals. Ensures an effective transition between recruitment and onboarding.
- Conducts job analyses and develops, maintains and regularly reviews the agency's job descriptions.
- Leverages the full capability of the applicant tracking system to record, track and analyze recruitment metrics. Maintains all records related to recruitment.
- Collects and analyzes HR data. Prepares both regular and on-demand reports and implements recommendations. Participates in strategic planning for the department.
- Implements and maintains human resources internal procedures.
- Provides backfill coverage for positions within the Human Resources department when required.
- Protects and upholds confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Comprehensive behavioural based interviewing and candidate assessment skills.
- Excellent oral, written, networking and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with candidates and management.
- Excellent time management, organizational, administrative and project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, make sound decisions and be held accountable for results.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to proactively anticipate needs and provide solutions.
- Excellent teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in the pursuit of organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to be sensitive and understanding of individuals' social realities including issues of race, culture, religion, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, poverty and lifestyle.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and make recommendations in accordance with policies and procedures, collective agreements and labour legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of recruitment best practices, applicable laws, regulations and standards.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, database systems, applicant tracking systems, and web-based conferencing tools.
Training and Experience
- Two years of recent, relevant experience in full-cycle recruitment, including in behavioural based interviewing.
- Experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance.
- Use of personal vehicle. This position requires travel in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.
- A valid B.C. Driver's License (Class 5 or Class 7), and a suitable driver's abstract and claims history.
- The usual hours of work in this position are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, based on 37.5 working hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Note: PLEA conducts primary source verification of applicant's credentials including education, training, work history, and licensure.