FACILITIES ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
SHORT-TERM (APPROXIMATELY 6 MONTHS)/FULL-TIME
LOCATION: RIVERVIEW LANDS, COQUITLAM, BC
Job ID: 3782
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
• Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
• Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable, and quality housing.
The Facilities Maintenance team at BC Housing supports the preventative and emergency maintenance requirements of buildings across the Lower Mainland. This team plays an integral role in ensuring buildings owned and operated directly through BC Housing meet the codes and standards set by the Province. Located on the Riverview Lands, this team is also responsible for the maintenance and operation of this historical site as it pertains to supporting its active partners including commercial tenants, support facilities and film production, as well as routine heritage maintenance services.
Reporting to the Director, Facilities Maintenance, the Facilities Administration Coordinator is responsible for overseeing work-order flows, cost allocation, business analytics and management of the information systems that track maintenance work performed for Directly Managed and Riverview Lands properties, and for Commercial Rental Units in the Lower Mainland.
This role ensures that business processes align, and that practices, procedures and information systems are coordinated. The position ensures maintenance costs are allocated to the appropriate budgets and provides supervision to a Documentation Clerk as well as oversees the operations of the front office.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Diploma in business or other relevant discipline.
• Considerable experience in office administration, operations, and/or business analytics and management of information systems, including experience supervising staff.
• Experience in property maintenance and building repair, work order creation, monitoring and reporting.
• Experience in using office and accounting computer systems and software; experience in extracting, analyzing and formatting data from a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as JD Edwards.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Key Experience Required
• In-depth practical knowledge of the rules, practices and processes associated with program/project, accounting, and contract administration.
• Sound knowledge of accounting practices.
• Good knowledge of facility repair and maintenance processes and scheduling.
• Ability to coordinate the administrative aspects of a site office, work independently (often while on own), and also function effectively in a team environment.
• Good understanding of IT systems and office/accounting applications; excellent computer skills, including a high level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project; plus an interest and willingness to learn new applications and systems as required.
Additional Work Style Requirements
• Excellent attention to detail; good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to find and implement practical solutions to problems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences.
• Proficiency in the use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Ability to supervise with collaborative problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work.
• Ability to work under pressure.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
• In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
• Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
• Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
• Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
• An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
• Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact .
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!