JOB POSTING #2021-108-02
Wage: $22-25 per hour
Part Time:18 hr/wk.
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969. We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life. Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all. We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership. Come help us help people.
Group Facilitator prepares for and facilitates group parenting sessions using a mix of both in-person and online sessions. Group sessions explore parenting and assist clients in developing skills in a variety of areas. The Group Facilitator conducts in-home visits to further engage parents in the program, including gathering expected outcomes, and mitigating any concerns. The Group Facilitator contributes in a number of areas including intake and assessment, report writing, and marketing, recruitment, and outreach to participants. This position works collaboratively with a team using a non-adversarial, non-confrontational, cooperative approach to complete tasks.
- Facilitates both in-person and online group sessions according to Family Education Program group curriculums using family-centered, strength-based and trauma informed methods.
- In consultation with the Program Supervisor, maintains the referral and intake processes.
- Arrangements for the session space and prepares the materials for group sessions in accordance with program and agency guidelines.
- Models and demonstrates parenting skills.
- Coaches clients on developing and using appropriate parenting skills.
- Cleans work and session spaces between sessions and at the end of the day.
- Works collaboratively with the Family Education team providing assistance and support where needed.
- Obtains regular client feedback for each set of groups bringing forward any concerns to the Supervisor.
- Maintains accurate electronic client records using CAMS.
- Maintains sufficient paper records on group files as per agency and program policies.
- Promotes program within the community using a variety of techniques.
- Recruits potential clients to the program
- Performs peer file reviews on colleagues’ files.
- Participates and engages in team meetings on a regular basis.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with community partners.
- Assesses and develops group curriculum and materials as needed.
- Produces client progress reports for social workers for clients of the Parent Project group.
- Remains up to date with trainings including NVCI, IT, Privacy, Measurable Outcomes and Diversity trainings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory criminal records check.
- A Diploma in Social Work, Social Services, Communications, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, Adult Education, Education or related
- Emergency First Aid certificate with CPR level C.
- Class 4 BC Drivers’ license, eligible for business insurance.
- At least 2 years’ experience in group and/or family work.
- Experience using online platforms, particularly Microsoft Teams or Cisco WebEx, to facilitate online groups.
- At least 2 years’ experience providing in-person and online group facilitation.
Knowledge and Skill Set:
- Thorough knowledge of family dynamics, early childhood development and healthy parenting styles.
- Strong verbal, written, and active listening skills – able to communicate effectively and respectfully with people from different backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, and behavioural modelling skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong competency using technology particularly databases like CAMS, and Microsoft Office 365 particularly SharePoint and Teams.
- Strong teamwork skills, able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong in-person and online facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of online facilitation platforms particularly Microsoft Teams and Cisco WebEx.
- Knowledge in group processes and facilitation techniques.
Closing date is April 9, 2021