JOB TITLE: Manager, Centre for Early Development
STATUS: Regular Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
POSITION LEVEL: Level 7
SALARY RANGE: $51,156 - $68,749 annually
HIRING RANGE: $51,156 - $59,304 annually
JOB LOCATION: Avondale CED, 171 Avondale Avenue
About Mothercraft: Since 1931, Mothercraft has been a leader in supporting healthy child development, working with our many community partners to meet the changing needs of families. We are committed to excellence, continually testing new concepts and ideas related to healthy child development. We are known for our ability to translate these critical research learnings into everything we do – from our high quality child care and enrichment programs, to our services for children and families with special needs, and specialized training programs for child care providers and other professionals. Mothercraft values diversity and strives to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive.
About Mothercraft’s Centres for Early Development: Mothercraft currently operates three Centres for Early Development (CEDs) – Brookfield Place, Eaton Centre and Robertson House (32 Heath Street West). In 2021, we will be opening two new CEDs; Avondale CED will be located at Avondale Public School, and Midtown CED will be located at 44 Lillian Street. All Mothercraft CEDs are directed by the same goal: “to support healthy child development across all families” and offer enriched quality, full day learning from 3 months to 6 years of age. The Centres’ hours of operation are generally from 7:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday.
• Reporting to the Director, Child and Family Services, the CED Manager will manage a team of RECE’s and ECA’s in the daily operations of Mothercraft’s Midtown Centre for Early Development.
• Ensure services are based on Mothercraft’s theoretical frameworks.
• Ensure adherence to policies and procedures, and compliance with all legislative and regulatory standards in order to maintain a high quality of care for children.
• Ensure the children’s programs and learning opportunities are based on the Early Years pedagogical framework of How Does Learning Happen (ELECT) as set out by the Ministry of Education.
• Provide leadership to the development and implementation of enhanced, responsive and integrated family and child programming in conjunction with staff, a Parent Advisory Committee, and the Director, Child and Family Services.
• Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit, select, hire and provide training to new employees for the CED.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to staff and facilitate staff development through the provision of feedback and annual performance appraisals.
• Provide input into budget development and manage revenue and expenditures in line with the approved budget.
• Collaborate with the Corporate Services Division to arrange necessary support on facility, IT, and HR matters.
Your experience and qualifications includes:
• Early Childhood Education Diploma and Registration with the College of ECE.
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field, in addition to an ECE Diploma, is considered an asset.
• Minimum five years experience in a childcare setting and 3 years of management experience.
• Infant/toddler experience is essential.
• Strong working knowledge of Ministry Licensing regulations, City of Toronto Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement, and Child Care and Early Years Act are required.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite is essential.
• Police reference check is a requirement.
• Up-to-date immunization and health assessment as per the local medical officer of health.
• Standard First Aid & CPR C Certificate is a requirement.
• Travel within the GTA and occasional evening and weekend work are required.
• French language skill is an asset.
You’re often described as:
• A strong communicator with skills in written and verbal communication.
• A supervisor with great conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of childcare centre day-to-day operations.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
This position includes a comprehensive group health benefits plan, defined benefit pension plan and competitive paid time-off.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Mothercraft strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are inclusive and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Department in advance of attending an interview.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!