POSTION SUMMARY: As part of a dynamic team in Administration and under the direction of the Director of Development & Engagement, the Marketing and Communications Specialist will work independently and proactively to assist in the planning and implementation of marketing and communication projects related YWCA Saskatoon initiatives. This is a permanent full-time, out of scope position.
Reports to the Director of Development & Engagement
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a permanent full-time position working 37.5 hours per week primarily Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Marketing and Branding
- Work with the Director of Development & Engagement to refine and enhance YWCA Saskatoon’s brand and raise the organization’s profile in the community by developing an effective branding, marketing and advocacy strategy.
- Development and coordination of all marketing for YWCA programs, services, events and new business ventures.
- Develop and manage all YWCA external communications including website, Facebook page, twitter, Instagram, advocacy, advertising pamphlets, signage, posters, etc. in order to create an effective awareness of YWCA Saskatoon.
- Plan, develop, implement and monitor media relations and community engagement opportunities.
- Champion the YWCA brand both internally and externally.
- Assist Directors with the marketing of their programs.
- Seek out and develop a variety of advertising opportunities.
- Communications and Public Relations
- Develop both an internal and external communication strategy that enhances the ability of program areas and external agencies to work together.
- Oversee the preparation of pamphlets, posters, social media, presentations etc. to ensure that a high-quality, accurate product is presented to the public.
- Act as a representative (under the direction of the Director of Development and Engagement) of the organization in the community for the purpose of advocacy and promoting the YWCA.
- Advocacy and Awareness
- Develop an advocacy strategy with a special focus on issues facing women and girls.
- Keep updates of current issues facing all of our client groups as well as the overall issues facing women and girls.
- Assist Directors with advocacy development when required.
- Raise awareness of all YWCA programs both internally and externally.
- Event Support
- Support women’s advocacy/empowerment events each year to coincide with the YWCA Canada’s Week Without Violence (October) and International Women’s Day (March 8th).
- Sit on all other major event committees either in a coordinator or support role (under the direction of the Director of Development and Engagement).
- Support as needed in the coordination of all fundraising events as they come up.
- All other duties as requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education with a focus on marketing, communications, public relations or equivalent experience.
- Professional poise and confidence to interact with multiple internal and external audiences and levels of organizational professionals including senior management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional technical skills including website design, social medial channels, and relevant Microsoft software.
- A great attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Reliable vehicle, driver’s license and good driving abstract.
- Must pass YWCA security clearance (criminal record check and vulnerable sector check).
A full position description can be found at www.ywcasaskatoon.com