The Nelson and District Women’s Centre has an opening for an Executive Director.
The Director will work together with the board and staff to perform related duties.
This is a 30 hour a week position with a rate of pay of $23 per hour, plus 1.15% health benefits. Hours are mostly daytime but may include occasional weekends and evening hours for meetings and events.
The Nelson and District Women’s Centre is a feminist organization in operation since 1972. Our aim is to create healthy community through providing support for women and advancing gender equality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the board in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of staff, all programs, services, and activities approved under a strategic planning process.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization including human resources, facility management, health and safety, and risk management.
- Create and nurture relationships with funders and donors, including potential funding organizations and community members.
- Maintain full awareness and ensure accuracy of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization.
- Represent the organization within the community and implement the communications strategy.
- A degree or diploma in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years non-profit experience in a leadership position
- Demonstrated ability to manage key external relationships, including donors, business partners, government agencies, and political relationships
- Demonstrated public relations skills including deputations, presentations, media coverage and the development of written/verbal communication strategies
- Evidence of successful grant writing/submission and extensive knowledge of grants and donations from the community and online
- Extensive experience in the supervision of staff and contract workers
- Strong background of working within feminist women’s organizations, developing and providing feminist-based programs and supports for women and girls
Applications accepted until the position is filled
Job to commence as soon as possible