Travel Manitoba, a Crown Corporation responsible for stimulating innovative, sustainable tourism growth, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join their team. This newly created role offers an exceptional opportunity to contribute to Manitoba’s tourism industry in a meaningful way.
In partnership with the tourism industry, Travel Manitoba is responsible for tourism marketing, visitor information services, research and public information.
A strong business writer, the Senior Policy and Program Coordinator, will support the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, procedures and organizational systems. You will work directly with department managers and their teams to support the delivery of Travel Manitoba’s business plan and the Provincial Tourism Strategy for Manitoba. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, the Senior Policy and Program Coordinator will also lead assigned strategic initiatives.
Please visit http://bit.ly/TMB-PGR for more information!
- Analyzes and evaluates programs, policies, procedures and systems and makes recommendations to optimize their effectiveness.
- Updates and provides advice on issues related to industry and government relations strategies
- Develops, maintains, and updates policies and procedures
- Prepares comprehensive reports to update management on corporate priorities, programs and operations
- Prepares and coordinates written communication materials (e.g. briefing materials, reports, speaking notes and correspondence on current issues, etc.)
- Leads assigned strategic initiatives and ensures team members have the resources and information they need to complete tasks
- Provides support in preparing information for Board committees, task forces and working groups
- Prepares communication plans related to changes to processes, policies and programs
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a policy or program-based role
- Ability to develop relationships with industry and government stakeholders (experience working in government is an asset)
- Exceptional business writing skills
- Excellent verbal, and presentation skills
- High level of capability in analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with staff and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational, project and program management skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal with unpredictable situations
- Innovative thinker and team player able to build consensus and work across functional organizational and geographic boundaries
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Exceptional team player with a strong ability to contribute positively to a team environment
- Understanding of the tourism industry or related business sector an asset
- Bilingualism (French / English) is an asset