COSTI REQUIRES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR ITS
WEEKEND OVERNIGHT SHELTER SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations experiencing homelessness including but not limited to families, refugees, women fleeing domestic violence and singles. COSTI’s shelters provide clients with a pet friendly dwelling.
This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work 14 hours per week.
(Overnight shifts, Saturday to Sunday, 11:00 pm -7:00am)
- Train, develop and supervise, client support workers, relied staff and security staff.
- Oversee the delivery and coordination of program services which includes supporting staff and client day to day issues, liaising with city of Toronto’s Central Intake, follow up with hotel management.
- Maintain and update work schedules ensuring proper coverage of every shift and maintaining proper staffing.
- Ensure incident reports and documentation are up to date.
- Supports the hiring and training of new staff.
- Work closely with other Assistant and General Manager to ensure smooth daily operations and clear communication provided between the different teams.
- Coordinates/supports the delivery of services to clients.
- Reviews/ensures files and documentation are up to date on data bases used.
- Support and lead shelter staff in managing crises and high-risk situations.
- Ensures that the centre and its staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures and Toronto Shelter Standards.
- Work with team on developing and updating shelter policies.
- Be available on call for staff emergencies at all times.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a shelter setting is required, with at least one (1) year of experience in supervising shelter programs and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Toronto Shelter Standards.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge in issues facing people experiencing homelessness.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
- Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet based database.
- Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset.
- Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR training certificate is required.
- Possession of a valid Naloxone training certificate is required.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.