We would like to hire an additional maintenance worker who will provide services at our locations within Burnaby. A valid BC driver’s licence and a clean abstract are vital for this role as the maintenance worker will need to be able to not only travel between the locations with Burnaby but be able to safely operate a company vehicle.
The Maintenance worker is an integral individual who will be responsible for keeping our facilities safe, clean, and in good repair.
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Full Time
SALARY RANGE: $20.89 per hour
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 (one) vacancy
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week, hours flexible
- High School Diploma.
- Recent, related experience of two years.
- A valid BC driver’s license and clean drivers abstract in order to operate company vehicle.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification would be an asset.
- Successful clearance of a criminal record check.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes, monitors, and carries out preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for buildings, equipment, and grounds. Ensures building and equipment meet all safety, security, and fire regulations and policies. Makes recommendations for major repairs and purchases to Supervisor.
- Performs carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanical, and plumbing maintenance and repairs such as repairing furniture, constructing shelves, installing switches, replacing plugs and other basic appliance repairs, applying paint and other finishes, repairing drywall, disassembling and reassembling equipment, replacing sinks and toilets, and applying finishing material such as linoleum.
- Monitors work performed by contractors, prepares estimates of labour and material costs, contacts external contractors and tradespeople to obtain quotes, and arranges for major repairs and maintenance work.
- Collects and removes garbage and recyclable materials, and ensures the safe disposal of hazardous waste.
- Cleans external areas such as entranceways, sidewalks, and parking lots using manual and power brooms, rakes, shovels, and other equipment to remove dirt, leaves, snow, and other refuse. Performs minor gardening and lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning, and watering.
- Cleans, washes, and disinfects building areas such as walls, windows, ceilings, floors, carpets, air vents, furniture, mattresses, blinds, and washrooms by methods such as dusting, polishing, vacuuming, sweeping, wet mopping, shampooing, waxing, and buffing, using various manual and power cleaning equipment.
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as maintenance logs and incident reports.
- Transports equipment, furniture, and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts. Arranges furniture for special events.
- Monitors maintenance and housekeeping supplies. Places purchase orders with external suppliers, receives supplies, checks invoices against orders and goods received, stores and distributes supplies, and contacts suppliers to obtain and provide general information.
- Provides clients with basic information related to the building. Explains clients’ responsibilities for duty assignments, provides direction, and monitors and assists clients with chores.
- Assists with monitoring the safe functioning of the building and its residents, checking that doors and windows are secure, testing safety equipment, directing fire drills, and obtaining appropriate services in emergencies.