LANGLEY COMMUNITY SERVICES – JOB POSTING SES 21-06
Job Title: Settlement Outreach Worker/Filipino
Department: Settlement and Employment Services
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Hourly rate ($21.63-$25.19) – depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: Full- time –35 hours per week
This position plays an integral role with families (especially those facing multiple barriers to integration) by providing them with interpretation, access to settlement supports, connecting them to public institutions, the local community, long term residents, mentors, and appointment accompaniment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize activities, appointments, accompaniment, and health screenings as it relates to meeting the clients’ needs.
- Establish and facilitate family support circles.
- Provide clients with program information, para counselling and family support.
- Connect clients with long-term residents and mentors (alleviating isolation).
- Conducts family assessment or developmental screening tools as needed and make referrals to specialized services or other settlement service providers to ensure access to services for basic needs are met.
- Determine needs and provide support by home visits, phone calls, liaising with community service providers and other professionals to coordinate service provision.
- Respond to bicultural parenting needs by developing and co-facilitating parent education activities.
- Maintain records and statistics of activities, client contact, agency referral; inputs data into Nucleus provide reports as required.
- Provide leadership and supervision in day-to-day program activities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Additional required Duties:
- Promote Langley Community Services Society (LCSS) Settlement and Employment programs for public education through community workshops, promotional events, job fairs and other avenues, as appropriate.
- Participate in meetings and training organized by the Associations and by other organizations, as appropriate and requested by Executive Director.
- Engage in effective networking and build partnerships with other service providers and community organizations.
- Keep Current of government policy changes affecting clients and inform staff.
Qualifications, Experiences and Abilities:
- Diploma in a related human/social service field.
- Minimum of 2 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of both
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing Tagalog is a must.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural and diverse work environment.
- Multicultural sensitivity and experience in cross-cultural development
- Familiar with outcome-based program evaluation strategies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding settlement and integration issues as they relate to client integration.
- Good oral and written English language skills and group facilitation.
- Ability to work effectively with various language interpreters.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to provide quality services to program participants.
- This position may require working outside office hours.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Email, and Internet use
- Criminal Record Check required
- Valid Drivers’ License and use of personal Vehicle is required.
- Mileage is paid where driving for work performed is required. Mileage is not paid for to and from work site for start and end of shift purposes.
- Work outside of normal office hours maybe required. (evenings and weekends)
- This position is Union Membership.
Please note that only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.