The BC SPCA is looking to fill the following career opportunity:
In the role of Assistant, Development at the BC SPCA you’ll be joining one of the most innovative and successful fundraising teams in Canada. The BC SPCA is funded by compassionate animal lovers who helped us assist nearly 97,000 animals last year. Your work will help make all of this possible. As Assistant, Development you will focus on supporting the Digital team on peer to peer and digital campaigns, as well as assist with our two Offleashed Galas.
This position is normally based out of the BC SPCA Provincial Office in Vancouver, however, adjustments to actual work location will be made based on health and safety considerations related to the pandemic. Ability to work effectively from home/off-site, may be required.
What is it like working at the BC SPCA?
The fundraising team prides itself on having created a fun, supportive and positive work culture. We are results-driven and committed to excellence through professionalism, compassion, collaboration and innovation.
What we do:
We’re passionate about helping animals live safe, healthy and loved lives, and helping their humans too. We’re the only animal welfare organization in B.C. that has the authority to enforce laws relating to animal cruelty. And, we’re one of North America’s most progressive animal welfare organizations with evidence-based standards of care. We’re knowledge leaders.
The role of Assistant, Development:
As part of the Digital Team, led by the Senior Manager, Digital Giving, you will provide customer service and support the marketing and promotions of peer to peer and digital campaigns. You will also help the Director, Community Giving & Events coordinate and execute our Offleashed Galas.
- You’re responsible for assisting the Digital team by:
- Providing customer service for participants during campaigns and year-round stewardship and support for Champions for Animals third-party fundraisers.
- Editing graphic assets and campaign websites and helping to test campaign websites before rollout.
- Assisting with email set up and website updates
- For the Offleashed Galas, your responsibilities include:
- Managing and tracking revenue and ticket sales, expenses, and guest information.
- Tracking auction items and managing the auction software.
- Assist with creating digital and printed materials, including finding stories and
- Helps with Offleashed Vancouver setup and teardown and has a lead managing role for the day of the event.
- For both teams, you will:
- Coordinate the mail out of event materials.
- Run financial and registration reports.
- Ensure all data is recorded and updated accurately in Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide administrative support, including tracking all expenses.
- You may be asked to help with other small events in Vancouver (as COVID-19 restrictions permit).
- You’ll be working directly with donors, volunteers, and vendors.
- You are expected to utilize appropriate measures and metrics to evaluate the success of your program areas and provide regular reporting as required.
- You are supported and encouraged to develop and maintain relationships with industry peers and maintain a commitment to continued education, learning and innovation.
While every day is different, a day in this role might include:
- Checking the campaign email accounts and providing customer service.
- Helping a third-party fundraiser set up their fundraising page over the phone.
- Setting up and sending an e-blast for the Vancouver Offleashed Gala.
- Attending a debrief for a completed campaign, taking minutes and providing input on what did and did not work.
- Tracking the ticket sales for the Offleashed Gala and preparing a report for our gala chair of updated ticket sales and sponsorship payments.
- Checking with the accounting department on outstanding invoice requests from a vendor and ensuring the payment tracking sheet is updated.
What type of person are you?
- Motivated and innovative problem-solver
- Empathetic and relation-centric (with donors, colleagues, animals, etc.)
- Adaptable and open to change
- Warm, patient, and collaborative
- In philosophical harmony with the mission, vision, and guiding principles of the BC SPCA.
What skills have you developed?
- Post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
- You have some knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Excellent customer service/donor relations skills.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and have a good sense of the tricks and processes for mail merge, formulas, styles templates, etc.
- Familiarity with a CMS (we use WordPress) and databases/CRMs (we use Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online) would be beneficial.
- You have some experience using a graphic design program and are willing to learning others (we use Adobe and Canva).
- You are organized, detail-oriented, able to juggle multiple priorities, and can work in a fast-pace work environment.
- You are a clear and persuasive communicator, both written and oral and can work effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- You’re great at information gathering: determining what you’ll need, sourcing it, analyzing, distilling and reporting back.
- When you see a problem or an opportunity to make something better you bring forward solutions.
- You know when something is your responsibility and when you have to escalate something. If you don’t know, you’ll ask for help.
*Some evening/weekend work may be necessary.
- Full time salaried position for the term of the contract.
- Positive work-place culture of collaboration, innovation and respect.
- And yes, there are dogs in the office (and sometimes other animals too!
The BC SPCA compensation structure is based on external benchmarks and regularly reviewed. Starting placement on the range for this position will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
We welcome diversity, value differences, and foster inclusion in our employment practices. We invite applications from all qualified individuals who are philosophically aligned with our mission and guiding principles.