POSITION: CRF Case Worker (Regular, Part-time)
FACILITY : Belkin House Vancouver
- To effectively supervise a primary caseload of CSC clients; to conduct in-house interviews with residents and to log these in the casework notes; to assist other caseworker’s clients (secondary caseload) in their absence
- To prepare resident case plans and reviews; to communicate these to the CRF Manager and Parole Officer; to assist residents in meeting plan objectives
- To provide caseworker case plan support; to record relevant discussions and/or observations in the casework notes; to provide counselling as appropriate, and to record these discussions
- To demonstrate compassion in the administration of policies and procedures and to support, where and when possible, the efforts of all residents and co-workers. Interactions with all peoples must be respectful, honest, and caring.
- Perform other relevant duties as required by the CRF Manager
The above is just a general overview of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is not the complete list.
QUALIFICATIONS (Following are some of the required elements)
- Post-secondary degree in Criminology or another related field, or a combination of experience in a human services related setting, and a diploma in Criminology or related field
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention and Current First Aid/CPR or willingness to be trained
- Preference given to applicants with experience with CSC or in a halfway house setting
- Preference given to applicants with counselling and interviewing experience, and group facilitation experience
OTHER CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Successful obtainment of Enhanced Reliability Status Security Clearance
- Successful obtainment of the Criminal Record Check clearance through the Criminal Records Review Program
- Successful obtainment of clearance through The Salvation Army Child Abuse Registry
SALARY : Per Collective Agreement
TERMS : Regular, Part-time (16 hours/week)
DAYS & TIME : Saturday and Sunday, 4:00pm – 12:30am
No. OF VACANCIES : 1