COSTI REQUIRES A SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST FOR ITS
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week
- Responsible for Agency budgets preparation. Works with managers to compile, review and finalize each program and cost centre budget.
- Prepares agency monthly variance analysis report and identifies issues requiring management attention.
- Liaises with auditors and responsible for year-end closing and financial audit. Prepares schedules and reports as directed, provides auditors with appropriate information.
- Prepares budget for grant applications, interim reports and program audits.
- Designs/responsible for NAV account schedule and Questica (audit statements, funders, HR and payroll) reports as required.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, prepares journal entries and generates monthly financial reports as required.
- Back up for annual cash flow forecast, specific government reports and payroll process.
- Responsible for maintaining Chart of Accounts/Dimensions, bank cards, NAV users permissions and EWA users’ permissions set up.
- Responsible for addressing NAV financial model and WebApps bugs and Liaison with NAV partner. Also responsible for Questica system maintenance.
- Work with Finance team, establish/document financial model workflow, including WebApps financial area.
- Works with another Senior Financial Analyst and responsible for system upgrades.
- Supervises one to three junior finance staff.
- Back up for another SFA responsibilities.
- Other Ad hoc duties as required.
- Designated CPA, CGA, CMA or equivalent education.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis, auditing, budgeting and accounting in a medium-sized organization. Experience in a non-profit or charitable environment preferred but not essential.
- A minimum 2 years supervision experience.
- High level of critical and logical thinking and reasoning to identify underlying principles and facts.
- Experience as a project leader in ERP systems integration, conversion and upgrading is required.
- Experience in ERP system, both financial model and budget model is a must. Experience with financial software such as NAV 2016/2016+ is a definite asset.
- Experience in liaising, communicating with all levels of internal and external personnel with a customer service emphasis.
- Good project management skills and ability to motivate teams to work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Advanced working knowledge in applications such as Excel and Microsoft Word; experience in SQL report design, etc.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work efficiently as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and set work priorities in a fast paced and highly demanding environment. Demonstrated ability in communicating recommendations