Do you identify as being a collaborative problem-solver and have a strong attention to detail? e4c is hiring a Finance and Leasing Agent who will support the agency’s property management operations and provide support to the facilities management business unit.
In this role, you will complete accounts payable and accounts receivable by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices and payments. Understanding our agency’s diverse needs and property management functions, you will be challenged with planning and organizing finance and leasing activities to meet deadlines and propose sustainable solutions. You have an aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with employees at all levels, partners and clients. You will handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, working on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy over your work, and produce high-quality deliverables within set timelines.
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday for 40 hours per week (temporarily remote).
Why Join Our Team
- Empower individuals through meaningful opportunities and positively impact those we serve.
- In-house training opportunities and supervisory sessions to build professional knowledge and skills.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, Hub users, general public and community members to build and model positive community relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Carry out landlord functions for e4c Affordable Housing properties. Duties include:
- Liaise with Community Developer for new tenant intakes and management of all tenant issues;
- Conduct suite viewings and carry out lease signings and lease renewals;
- Review all incoming lease documents to ensure completeness and accuracy and maintain records of all rental agreements;
- Collect and process rental payments for properties operated by e4c;
- Point of contact for tenant feedback, complaints and concerns re maintenance, neighbours, social issues in buildings;
- Process vendor invoices, ensuring approval process and allocation to cost centres.
- Process employee expense claims and ensuring all receipts are properly submitted.
- Perform credit and debit card reconciliation.
- Prepare weekly and urgent check runs.
- Perform vendor statement reconciliation; correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Verify and allocate all pre-authorized invoices and utility bills to the respective Program.
- Monitor receipts of money, securing in safe and completing bank deposit.
- Maintain and allocate e4c’s internal allocation fees for facilities management.
- Responsible for maintaining the General Ledger and Yardi system including entering corrections/adjustments and other daily operating entries on a timely manner.
- Receive and process invoices for maintenance calls and work orders and capital projects.
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis by analyzing in detail the transactions for that month, and make any necessary corrections/adjustments entries to balance the accounts.
- Prepare monthly rental payment summaries and complete month end entries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for rental properties, property management services and capital projects.
- Prepares monthly income statements (Operating Statements) for Internal and External reporting purposes which outlines the current revenues and expenses as well as the budgets year-to-date.
- During external auditor reviews perform additional analysis, support and required documentation.
- Assist the Finance Director and Senior Accountant in external year-end audit analysis including financial reconciliations, analysis of the GL’s and the preparation of Financial Statements.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Equivalencies will be considered.
- Police information check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Valid Drivers’ License, proof of $2 million liability insurance.
- Operation of a personal vehicle required.
- 2+ years’ experience in an AP/AR position, or general accounting experience; and
- 1+ years’ experience in a property management support role.
- Solid understanding of accounts payable and accounts receivable principles.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Strong analytical, clerical and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Understanding of community development principles.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision.
- Sensitivity to and awareness of homelessness, poverty, mental illness and addictions.
- Able to build quick rapport with tenants.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in spreadsheets, databases, excel, MS office and financial software applications.
- Fluent in Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), experience with Yardi is an asset.
- Familiar with Alberta Residential Tenancy Act and the Residential Tenancy Dispute Resolution Service.
- Knowledge of Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act.