Youth Program Manager - Kenora, Ontario
Job ID#: J0421-0495
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Kenora, Ontario, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Mainly daytime, Monday to Friday hours. Occasional evenings and weekends.
Youth and social service programs in the northwestern Ontario communities of Kenora, Dryden and Sioux Lookout.
WJS Canada is proud to work with government ministries in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario as well as other community and social organizations. These agencies fund and refer individuals to our programs.
Based in Kenora, the Program Manager will manage remotely and travel between the three communities, to oversee the youth programs and supervise/mentor a committed team of Youth Counsellors as they support youth and families in these northwestern Ontario communities. Through compliance with contract, company policy and procedures, performance management, training and development, the Program Manager will ensure a safe work environment and high quality supports. Other administrative/ financial management and participation with the corporate management team in broader strategic design and goal setting for the organization, is also required.
Wage: $30+/hr based on experience and education.
In Your Role You Will
• Ensure the highest quality care and measurable success for youth in our services through outcome-based programming.
• Advocate for the youth served and liaise with Child and Family Services and other agencies/professionals involved in their care.
• Hire, orient, train and mentor passionate and committed youth program staff; identifying and building on their strengths.
• Oversee implementation of individualized service plans and youth programming.
• Administrative management - coordination of all client intakes and discharges; staff timesheets and expense claims; monthly/quarterly/annual reports and payroll summaries
• Adhere to organizational policy, procedure and accreditation standards.
• Provide On-call coverage.
• Promote program services and develop initiatives to support youth and Indigenous culture.
• Share staff/program activities and development details with leadership on a regular basis.
• Develop/revise policies and program operations manuals as needed.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree or Diploma in Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Family Services or Social Services field, etc.
• 3+ years supervisory experience in a social services role, including experience and knowledge leading in a unionized workforce.
• A current (within past 6 months) criminal record check prior to confirmation of employment
• Must have - Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract & proof of insurance
• First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Training in Indigenous awareness and cultural diversity, Suicide Intervention, Self Harm, Crisis Intervention is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to remain calm, be self-motivated & able to motivate others.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada has been nurturing change and healing in children, youth, adults and families in communities across Canada for more than 30 years. All our programs provide high quality, personalized and culturally responsive care in even the most complex cases.
Our dedicated and caring staff help those we serve overcome their challenges and develop their strengths. We forge friendships and a sense of belonging and encourage community inclusion for all.
We are an employee-owned company therefore everything we do is inspired by the commitment and passion of our employees to provide only the very best programs and services to those in our care.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!