The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
The Accreditation Reviewer and Process Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the review process and leading a portion of the onsite accreditation reviews in the territory annually.
- Lead, manage and participate on review teams conducting on-site accreditation reviews for 10 ministry units per year based on The Salvation Army Accreditation Standards and Step by Step Guide. Team Leader is responsible for assisting team members in interpreting standards, time management of the team during the review, and reviewing and ensuring team member work is consistent with Accreditation Guidelines.
- Review all review documents fully for consistency and accuracy with guidelines post-review prior to submission to Department for further processing.
- Prepare for reviews by engaging with Ministry Unit Leadership and reviewing submitted documents prior to review and summarize documents for review team in person.
- Interpret and apply standards in variety of settings and explain them in accessible language to team members and those being reviewed.
- Lead on-site introductory and report back meetings with divisional personnel and management teams with professionalism and sensitivity.
- Engage professionally with all stakeholders involved in the review.
- Identify areas of significant risk for further follow up that may arise during review and communicate concerns to identified Social Services Department or Divisional Personnel.
- Participate in and facilitate Accreditation Coalition meetings and trainings.
- Create training materials for accreditation team members and unit leaders.
- Create communication material outlining accreditation process and organizational value.
- Guide/Train accreditation team members and unit leaders on the process.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Establish complex schedules and liaise to assign team members for the reviews.
- Manage all documentation, files and data associated with the accreditations process.
- Liaise with team leaders to ensure preparedness, process adherence and issue identification.
- Implement action to address identified program changes.
- Thoroughly assess review documents after review submitted by Team Leader for discrepancies.
- Support Ministry Units to interpret standards and develop capacity to achieve standards before or after an accreditation review or conditional pass review. Support can be provided through individualized session or training in a group format.
- Lead, research and coordinate with all stakeholders to revise standards when required.
- Support the ongoing development of the accreditation database, Accreditation Review Management System (ARMS), and related training for stakeholders.
- Recruit, select and supervise placement student or summer student when required.
- Support the ongoing development of resources and tools to support ministry units.
- In collaboration with Accreditation team, identify ways to enhance processes for streamlined practices and improved outcomes.
- Support the development of guidelines to guide the accreditation process.
- Provide interpretation of standards when clarity is requested by ministry units, divisions, territorial departments, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- The successful job applicant will have completed an Undergraduate University degree (e.g., B.SW, B.A., B.Sc. B.Sc.N.).
- 3 to 5 years of related experience with awareness of the structures and expectations of social services or agency functions within Canada.
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Strong ability to work independently while leading a team, interpret standards, troubleshoot and respond proactively to emergent issues during a review, including managing conflict, and assessing for risk.
- Must have strong ability to work independently as well as cooperatively as a team member.
- Highly attentive to detail and interpersonal professional communication and quality control.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage work functions in order to meet deadlines and process commitments.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Fluency in English and French is an asset.
- Must be willing to travel regularly throughout Canada.
Successful candidates will be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- Education verification
Please include the competition # 21-012 in the subject line of your email.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.