The Community Living Support Worker is responsible for assisting an individual (one-to-one) with diverse abilities participate in social and recreational activities, and/or volunteer work experience opportunities within the Discovery program and within their community. This position includes connecting the individual served to community resources and providing a variety of daily activities, with the view of helping them strive for further independence, inclusion, and improved quality of life.
- Engage in one-to-one support to develop Individual Service Plan, which is reflective of the person’s individual goals, to be reviewed regularly.
- Works collaboratively with the individual to review and evaluate their progress, and adjust their individual service plan, as required.
- Identify and offer social, recreational and skill building opportunities that are reflective of the person’s interests; provide support, guidance, and instruction to facilitate participation.
- Identify and access community resources that meet individual needs, including volunteer work experience options; ensuring all activities are delivered in accordance with the philosophies of Archway and Community Living
- Provide personalized care to the person you are assisting in a dignified manner, when needed.
- Connect with the individual and/or their family by telephone and/or video conferencing, as needed.
- Meet with individual for outreach services where they are located in the community.
- Encourage all parties to abide by COVID-19 provincial public health directives and Archway COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Accompanies and/or transports the person served to activities.
- Maintain daily progress notes and other documentation, ensuring all required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Monitor individual satisfaction and funder satisfaction of current programming.
- Ensures effective program delivery that is consistent with agency and program mandate, policies, and procedures and as per CARF and CLBC program standards.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, team workshops, agency trainings and professional development sessions and activities.
- Upholds and promotes an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line with the philosophy and policies of Archway Community Services.
- Completes additional duties as assigned by the Community Living Manager
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Diploma in the human services
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Valid Class 5 Drivers’ License, Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Has access to a reliable personal vehicle to be used when needed
- A minimum of one-year work experience supporting persons with diverse abilities.
- Fluency in Punjabi Language required
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Well developed interpersonal helping skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Strength-based perspective in all areas of work.
- Excellent organization, time, and general management skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and with other program staff, relevant service providers and community members, awareness of community resources and referral sources.
- Able to use virtual meeting platforms like Microsoft Teams and Cisco WebEx.
- Ability to engage in public speaking as needed.
- Strong planning, organizing, and time management skills, able to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills; able to build rapport with individuals, families/caregivers, and team members.
- Ability to maintain individual confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- This position requires meeting in-person, requiring adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- This position requires driving and use of personal vehicle.
- This position may require working with individuals in both the Discovery and Individualized programs.