The EPIC Program is seeking a self-motivated and dynamic individual to join our team. We are an employment program that assists adults with diverse abilities in all aspects of career development including; personalized jobseeker assessment, employment skill enhancement, work experiences, placement activities, and onsite job coaching/monitoring.
- Provide on-site job coaching and advocacy support;
- Provide necessary supports to individuals to address issues that may arise during work experience by developing workable solutions with the employer and the team;
- Promote inclusive employment to the larger community.
- Maintain progress notes, documentation and other reports as required;
- Monitor individual satisfaction of current programming;
- Provide personal care to individuals in a dignified manner, when needed;
- Comply with Archway Community Services and CLBC policies and procedures, including Critical Incident Reporting;
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings, and liaise with Archway Community Services staff, as required;
- Connect with clients via telephone and videoconferencing (training will be provided);
- Provide outreach services to clients in the community, as needed;
- Reports to Community Living Manager;
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Diploma or degree in a related field (e.g., Social Work Degree) or working towards same an asset;
- Previous experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities preferred;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license, driver’s abstract in good standing, and a reliable personal vehicle;
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR/AED;
- Must maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check;
- Must be willing to meet with clients, families, and employers in the community;
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting working relationship with staff, jobseekers, families, support team.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work in a team setting
- Follow the code of ethics in a manner consistent with the policy and procedures of the agency
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing conditions and priorities.
- Promote an inclusive environment and respect all people and their diversity
- Deal with all concerns, opinions and suggestions in a respectful manner and request assistance when needed.
- Hours are typically Monday-Friday days;
- Hours scheduled as needed;
- may include an occasional evening and/or weekend day