Term: To January 31, 2022 with possibility of extension
Start Date: Immediate
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The translator will do the following.
Support the Radio Resources Team by:
- Translating FRI’s Farm Radio Resource Pack items and Barza Wire stories for the RECOVER project from Portuguese to English and English to Portuguese as needed.
- Incorporate edits to translated English versions of these resources into Portuguese versions, and assist the Managing editor with correspondence with Portuguese-speaking writers.
- Network Services responsibilities:
- Translating the participation agreement into Portuguese.
- Translating materials for the resource-based approach radio series as needed, including the design documents and package of resources.
Support the Radio Craft Team by:
- Translating FRI design and training materials from English to Portuguese.
- Support the translation of design documents from Portuguese to English
Support the project team in Mozambique by: Translation of documents and trainings into local languages of Sofala and Manica Provinces from English or Portuguese and vice versa.
Translate other key FRI documents and communications materials as needed.
- Experience in translating from Portuguese to English and from English to Portuguese (Mozambican Portuguese translation an asset), and from English and/or Portuguese to at least one local language.
- Degree in translation or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with agricultural and international development and radio terms in English and Portuguese
- Familiarity with Mozambican culture, including language
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience working with Computer Aided Translation software would be considered an asset
- Certification from a recognized translator association would be considered an asset