Are you drawn to working with youth and have a heart to serve others? Does seeing young people thrive before your very eyes fill you with joy? Be part of a world of possibilities for youth with diverse abilities. Spend your summer as a Summer Day Camps Worker and get caught up in the enthusiasm. Dare to be impacted!
Bethesda’s Summer Day Camps offer a world of possibility and inclusion for school-age youth with diverse abilities. Between 12 and 15 youth and families receive support from July through August. Each child is encouraged to develop their full abilities as they participate in interesting and fun activities and form long-lasting friendships.
No previous experience is needed as you will receive training and be supported throughout. Five positions ranging from 30 to 35 hours/week are available from June 21 through August 31. You will be supervised and supported by the Summer Camps leadership staff.
Eligible applicants must be between 19 and 30 years, hold a Class 5 Driver’s License and be willing to obtain an unrestricted Class 4 License by date of hire. To help you succeed, we will provide a “Class 4 – Tips for Success” guide to successful applicants.
IN THIS JOB YOU WILL
• Plan and lead fun and age-appropriate crafts, games, activities and excursions
• Support 2-8 youth alongside other team members
• Maintain the health and safety of the young people
• Receive training and be supported by the Summer Camps Manager
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE JOB
• Enthusiasm, energy and a heart to serve youth with diverse abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
• Integrity, good judgment, initiative and maturity
BENEFITS OF THIS JOB
• Valuable training and experiences that will contribute to future employment in a wide range of careers
• Training will be provided
• $18.85/hr, between 30 and 35 hours/week
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!