POSITION: Wraparound Counsellor, Wraparound Program
DEPARTMENT: Family and Settlement Services
The Wraparound Counsellor provides clinical counselling to at-risk youth, and to their family members. This position works closely with partner agencies including the Vancouver Police Department, the Vancouver School Board, and other community partners. The Wraparound Counsellor coordinates with the Program Manager to develop and maintain appropriate data, procedures, and practice standards for the Wraparound Program, and helps provide clinical direction to staff. This role administers the collection, preparation and reporting of project information, in a format suitable for submission to funders, consultants, and partners.
• 2-3 years of experience working with at‐risk youth and their family members in a counselling field; working with at‐risk youth in a school environment an asset, and/or comparable education or other program, project or focus specialties
• Have a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology (MA or M.Ed. with RCC) or a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW with RCSW)
• Strong knowledge of mental health, addiction, impact of racism and discrimination, child and youth development, youth justice, youth violence, and abuse and trauma
• Skilled in youth and family counselling, crisis intervention, supervisory and leadership, advocacy, and cultural sensitivity
• Familiarity of culturally oriented parenting strategies, case management, community services and resources for youth and settlement in the Lower Mainland
• Demonstrates excellent English communication skills and experience with standard office equipment, MS Office suite, publishing software, databases, and data management
• Fluency in a second language is an asset
• Organized, initiative, has problem‐solving, presentation and facilitation skills
• Tactful, discrete, diplomatic, patient, flexible
• Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check
HOURS: 21 hrs per week
STARTING PAY: $26.08 – $29.20 per hour, based on experience
TERM: October 31, 2021
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
Posting Date: April 22, 2021
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!