In your experience supporting people with disabilities, you see the people you support like family. That closeness and sharing that develops with a loving heart, where it is not always obvious who is helping whom anymore. You are yearning for a new role where your organizational, relational and leadership abilities can shine. And where you can shape Home Share relationships that overflow with grace and respect.
At Bethesda, we are all about creating community among the people we support, our staff, our contracted care providers, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? The Home Share Coordinator position may be the next step in your journey.
Lower Mainland, BC
As a Home Share Coordinator, you will be joining a highly collaborative and supportive team member, as well as a team of contracted Home Share providers who share their homes and lives with the people we support. You will participate in the team’s efforts to further develop and enhance services of an ever-expanding organization.
This position assumes full responsibility for providing complex case management for the Home Share service including liaising within complex care dynamics, problem solving and crisis management. You will be based in Abbotsford with some travel within the lower mainland required. This is a full-time position, available in March. It is ideal for an experienced leader who has worked directly with people who have disabilities.
• Competitive salary $58,490-$63,480
• Excellent extended benefits package
• 3 weeks vacation to start
• Recruits, screens, monitors and supports contractors
• Builds trusting relationships with families/persons with a disability
• Participates in ongoing development and implementation of service policies and procedures
• Liaises with community resources and government staff
• Completes funding proposals and assessments
• Consults with other organizations/agencies to provide input and establish resources for developing the Home Share service
• Communicates accurately and fully with supervisor
• Serves as contact/training resource for other Bethesda services in BC as required
• Attends meetings as required
• Is accessible via cell phone 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity
• Experience and proven ability in complex case management
• Degree in Social Services field, Conflict Resolution and/or Counseling preferred
• Training/experience in counseling preferred
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and of support for people with diverse abilities
• Excellent communication, mediation skills, discernment and assessment skills
• Ability to work as a member of the team as well as being able to work independently
• Previous experience working with adults who experience disabilities (including Mental Health, FASD, Behavioural)
• Willingness to be available for flexible working hours and access to own vehicle for home visits, etc.
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
We are welcoming of applicants who value communication, trust, and healthy working relationships. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: May 6, 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!