Options Community Services Society
We are a non-profit registered charity providing social services primarily in Surrey, Delta, White Rock and Langley. We believe in helping people help themselves. We believe in collaborating with individuals, businesses, community groups and government to create focused, effective and responsive resources for the community.
We envision a healthy community as a safe and clean environment where we all have a sense of belonging. It is a place where each of us has the opportunity to work and learn, and to develop and realize goals that are meaningful and fulfilling.
WEER - Women Empowerment & Employment Readiness is a program to provide comprehensive skills training delivered through a blended (online & in-person) learning model and customized related supports to vulnerable immigrant and visible minority women to empower them with the skills, knowledge, experiences, networks and resources needed to build resiliency in their economic integration in Canada.
Project Lead manages the day-to-day operation of the program. This includes responsibility for all
aspects of staffing and volunteer assignments and providing direction and support to staff to ensure that
the goals, objectives and deliverables of the project are met.
Working with the Senior Manager, this position provides recommendations and input for the preparation of project plans; develops and implements all initiatives related to the marketing of project; maintains a strong working relationship with funder, partners, and community stakeholders.
HIGHLIGHTS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains effective relationships and liaison with key stakeholders – government services, service partners, community organizations and groups, volunteer community groups; co-ordinates the provision of services, fosters partnerships and collaboration and the exchange of information. When appropriate and as directed by the Senior Manager or delegate, will represent the project and OCS in the employment services sector and broader communities at events, meetings and forums.
- Ensures that project operations result in the efficient and effective delivery of services and that clear and logical service guidelines and procedures are in place and in accordance with contract agreement and funder-provided training and guidance.
- Ensures that accurate project and client records are maintained and that confidentiality is a priority. Ensures that all pertinent requirements and documentation is complete.
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds contract objectives.
- Provides reports as required, including monthly stats/reports, and other required reports by OCS, funders and accrediting bodies.
People Management Duties:
- Provides leadership, training, supervision and evaluation of staff/volunteers, including processing of timesheets, annual leaves, and staff development requests, including monitoring of staff’s performance and providing training support as needed.
- In consultation with the Senior Manager, the Project Lead is responsible for determining appropriate project staffing levels, recruitment including interviewing, selection of candidates and making recommendations for hire. The Project Lead will ensure staff, volunteers and practicum students are adequately oriented, trained and supervised.
- Confidential Personnel Matters:
- In consultation with the Senior Manager, the Project Lead may be responsible for preparing confidential documents if necessary, on sensitive personnel matters, and recommending actions to be taken.
- Discipline and Assistance with Discharge:
- In consultation with the Senior Manager, the Project Lead is responsible for supervising employees, identifying and responding appropriately to employee misconduct, including implementing disciplinary procedures.
Education, Training, and Experience
- A. or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Career Development Practitioners Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years experience and demonstrated success in a supervisory role.
- Team leadership, management and supervision including coaching, training and conducting performance reviews.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, oral and presentation communications skills in English; additional language an asset.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Proven marketing, public relations, and program management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and exercise good judgment and can work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong level of computer proficiency; in particular, strong Microsoft Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel spreadsheet, internet/email, scanning skills and comfort with desktop publishing (MS Publisher).
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
Applicants with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.