The Manager, Business Applications Development is responsible for overseeing activities and resources related to the design, configuration, implementation and maintenance of technical solutions that make up BC Housing mission-critical packaged / custom software and reporting applications. He/she/they collaborate with system and infrastructure administrators to ensure seamless delivery of services to clients.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 7+ years of IT industry experience specifically focused on IT solutions in an Oracle or Microsoft environment, with minimum 2+ years of experience as a team lead
- Programming in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Programming in MS SQL, experience with Azure SQL server preferred
- Using Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Azure DevOps source control and branching
- Designing, developing and supporting operational and analytical reports
- Designing, developing and supporting applications within the Microsoft .NET framework or JAVA
- Designing, developing and supporting web applications
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and interpreting data models
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience working with data warehouses and data marts
- Designing, developing and supporting interface engines, SOA, Web Services consumed by both internal and external applications
- Configuring and troubleshooting Oracle WebLogic or Microsoft IIS environments
- Experience with designing and developing SOAP and REST based web services
- Experience with designing and developing BI reports and dashboards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of BI architecture, and full lifecycle BI and Data Integration development
- Good BI design and development skills, and data modelling and data analysis skills
- Sound knowledge of interface development standards, methodologies, tools and technologies
- Sound knowledge of transportation protocols, messaging and transaction systems, Java and J2EE runtime environments,
- ERP and database systems, message formats and distributed systems architectures.
- Sound knowledge of data modeling, use cases, process flow mapping, and entity relationship diagrams
- Broad understanding of business applications such as ERP
- Ability to document complex business requirements and test scenarios, and design and develop custom interfaces using a
- broad set of programming and analytical skills
- Ability to identify, diagnose and troubleshoot problems related to technology
- Ability to provide leadership and work effectively within a team of made up of business users and technical analysts
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies
- Ability to lead team effectively to identify, describe and resolve technical issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with Business Analysts, SMEs and business users
- Ability to excel in working under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
- Strong technical documentation and planning skills
- Self-motivated and directed, and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, interpersonal, project management, organization and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted