In partnership with Service Canada, Progressive Housing Society is recruiting qualified candidates between 15-30 years of age for the Summer Jobs Program 2021 initiative. The total duration of the position will be for eight (8) weeks.
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Full-time Term position – 37.5 Hours per week
HOURS OF WORK: Usually Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with the possibility of evening or weekend work.
COMMENCEMENT DATE: As soon as possible.
- Strong foundation in digital marketing as well as knowledge of digital technologies, platforms and services.
- Individual between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 6.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- A valid BC driver’s license and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.
- Successful completion of a criminal record check.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proactive individual with strong organizational skills and planning skills is essential.
- Comfortable with various levels of communication and
- Web design experience considered an
- Flawless writing skills, strong verbal as well as written communication
- Strong proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and latest video editing tools.
- Customer service experience in challenging
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and acute attention to
- Ability to think quickly and work under
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with
- Comfortable with working with individuals from all cultures and backgrounds as well as with professional groups and
- Ability to work flexible
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using various communications initiatives, you will touch all aspects of the organization from program delivery to special events.
- Nurture and engage with our clients and community, create fresh dialogue, deepen relationships and ultimately grow our reach.
- Administer the society’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube) to brand standards.
- Generate social media strategies to grow and engage our online community – especially our Housing community to find affordable housing solutions.
- Facilitate/plan one major fund development initiative to support the work of our Mobile Outreach Program; and respond to relevant funding calls for proposals.
- Create monthly/daily content calendars and ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist in the planning of upcoming events
- Produce graphics and a photo “memory” book of our programs and clients.
- Proofread content and make changes where necessary.