INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING (#2021-39)
TITLE: Residential Counsellor- Weekend
POSITION STATUS: Part Time - Permanent (Union)
SCHEDULE: Saturday and Sunday – 11:00am to 11:00pm (flexibility required as needed)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a provincial leader in the Deaf community.
Our Programs support Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind adults some of whom have complex behavioural, developmental and/or mental health diagnoses. This position is responsible for the daily activities of the Frances Gregory House (FGH) program and will work with the Program Manager and the Milton team to ensure the highest quality of care and services for everyone we serve.
Due to the current pandemic situation, we can only consider applicants for this role who are not presently working or working remotely.
- Ensure that activities and daily support approaches are in accordance with agency mission, vision, values, strategic direction and policies with a goal of ensuring the highest quality of care
- Ensure person-centered quality service, and achievement of program and individual service goals
- Administer medications consistent with Organization’s policies & procedures
- Consistently comply with clinical and program plans including daily activity schedule
- Implement ISP/PDP goals; track & report on progress
- Promote an evidence-based, best practice approach to care
- Advocate on behalf of individuals and their specific needs/goals
- Understand and be able to work with Behavioural Support Plans, PRN’s and medical protocols
- Work collaboratively with team and individual’s service team; dedicating one-self to excellent service
- Utilize community resources & liaise with community members
- Documentation – communication logs, reports, etc.
- Teach, coach, mentor – life skills, daily activity schedules and community involvement
- Plan and execute activities with clients
- Diploma in Human Services related field or one (1) year of experience working in a residential setting with Consumers with developmental disabilities, mental health needs and/or dual diagnosis
- Knowledge and experience working with clinical professionals as it relates to mental health and/or behavioural needs
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving abilities; good judgement and critical thinker
- Excellent communication, literacy and interpersonal skills
- Innovation, initiative and integrity
- Demonstrated experience in computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid Ontario Full G Driver’s License and clean driving record
- French language/ LSQ an asset
Posting Date: April 27, 2021 Closing Date: May 11, 2021 Start Date: Immediate