JOB POSTING 2021-41-02
Social Justice, Seniors and Housing
Wage: $27-29 per hour
Full Time: 35 hr/wk.
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969. We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life. Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all. We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership. Come help us help people.
The Supervisor, Senior Services is responsible for the effective administration, leadership, and advancement of senior service programs and the delivery of client-centered services. Responsibilities include program assessment, review, strategy, and implementation.
The Supervisor, Senior Services, will also be responsible for effective resource allocation and budget management, providing leadership and supervision to the team, and for managing the daily operations of the Senior Services department. This position oversees a variety of programs supporting seniors’ independence, social connectivity, and community engagement with a focus on excellent service provision.
- To organize, coordinate and oversee the daily operations of Senior Services in accordance with Archway Community Services policy and funder guidelines.
- Oversees budget management, and compliance to contracts and agreements ensuring fiscal accountability.
- Monitor program income statements on an ongoing basis ensuring program performance is consistent with budgeted expectations, taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities to meet the needs of seniors in our community.
- Provides support, leadership, direction, supervision to staff for performance management using a variety of interventions including coaching, skill development, discipline, and attendance management.
- Works with staff team to assess department/programming risks and develops strategies to mitigate risks.
- Supports staff in overseeing a large base of volunteers in compliance with agency standards, policies, and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Certification:
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- A Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A valid Drivers’ License and a satisfactory Drivers’ Abstract.
- At least 3 years’ supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in the planning, development, and/or administration of programs or services (for the elderly preferred).
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Knowledge of issues facing seniors, older adults and those individuals who have been traditionally marginalized.
- Strong supervisory skills including coaching, mentoring, and facilitation skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and active listening skills, able to communicate effectively and respectfully with people with a variety of abilities.
- Well-developed budgeting skills, able to create and manage a program budget efficiently.
- Ability to identify, and develop funding sources as well as coordinate the development, writing and submission of grant proposals.
- Well-developed knowledge and skill regarding case management principles including goal setting, creating timelines, and action planning.
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 skills to create reports, budgets, presentations, and communicate with staff and colleagues.
- Strong facilitation skills to present information to a variety of audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Occasional interactions with people in difficult situations.
- This position includes both long periods seated and long periods standing or in constant motion.
- Interruptions are common, a well-developed ability to switch task is needed.
Closing date is May 11, 2021