To provide classroom instruction by developing and delivering curriculum and lesson plans in relation to the project industry specifics.
- To create a safe and stimulating learning environment.
- In preparation for class develop, organize and implement a curriculum.
- Develop, prepare, and present instructional materials appropriate to adult language learning
- To use a variety of techniques as to varying skills levels
- Assess strengths and weaknesses and adjust lesson plans accordingly.
- Evaluate participant progress with appropriate progress testing tools.
- Exercise a sense of humor, flexibility, innovation, creativity, sensitivity, patience and persistence as needed when addressing a mosaic of cultures, needs and personalities.
- Preparation of information for reports required by Project Supervisor for Agency & Funder
- Submitting participant progress and attendance
- Work with project team to bring optimum results for Participants.
- Participate in agency, department and project meetings and activities.
- Follows established project guidelines, policies and procedures and adherers to agency policies.
Requirements and qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized Post-Secondary Institution or equivalent combination of education/experience ANS TESL certification
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience working with diverse multi barrier immigrant/visible minority/ELL persons in multi level ELL class.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Strong English language and cross-cultural communication skills
- Knowledge of settlement language issues
- Ability to develop teaching materials and activities suitable to the curriculum of a diverse and multi-faceted classroom.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Second language or languages a definite asset
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prepare monthly project reports.
- Cross cultural awareness