To market, promote and recruit participants, as well as connecting with community and seek practicum placements and job opportunities for project participants.
- Promotes and markets project in community.
- Recruits potential participants.
- To provide one on one employment counselling
- To deliver employment workplace-based life skills
- To deliver employment workshops – topics to be determined with Project Supervisor.
- To establish network of community employers for participant practicum opportunities
- To establish network of community employers for participant job opportunities
- To re establish relationships with community employers and practicum hosts
- To network and create new pool of community employers and practicum hosts
- To support participants with goal action plans
- To monitor and support participants during practicum placements.
- To support participants in job search with job leads
- Will monitor and follow up participants upon completion of project.
- Will provide monthly reports to Project Supervisor with monthly activity report.
- Assist in deemed duties necessary by Project Supervisor.
- Participate in agency, department and project meetings and activities.
- Follows established project guidelines, policies and procedures and adherers to agency.
Requirements and qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing/Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience and skills in networking and marketing
- Minimum 4+ years’ employment related experience
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience working with diverse multi barrier immigrant/visible minority/ELL persons.
- Must be able to communicate with multi barrier immigrant/visible minority/ELL persons.
- Strong cross-cultural experience, sensitivity, and skills
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Strong marketing skills
- Proven employment facilitation skills
- Knowledge of settlement language issues
- Second language a definite asset
- Strong excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer, Internet and Email experience