The Project Assistant will provide overall project and administrative support to the IJS project team. This position includes scheduling, collecting client information, using client-tracking databases, preparing reports, and aiding during facilitation. Assisting in the recruiting and marketing of potential participants. As well as supporting participants through the various components of the project.
- Promotes and markets project in community.
- Recruits potential participants.
- Assisting in overall aspects of project as deemed necessary by Project Supervisor.
- Administrative support to Project Supervisor and project team
- Will assist in other duties deemed necessary by Project Supervisor.
- Providing support and assistance to project participants
- Providing all administrative duties as required by project: filing, typing, photocopying,
- Preparation of information for reports required by Project Supervisor, Agency, and Funder
- To schedule team meetings, prepare agenda, take minutes, distribute to team.
- Will manage and track office supplies and ensure welcome area is clean and well maintained.
- Document participant attendance
- Collect and input participant demographic information into database.
- In class assistance in group facilitation as required
- Work with project team to bring optimum results for Participants.
- Participate in agency, department and project meetings and activities.
- Follows established project guidelines, policies and procedures and adherers to agency policies.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Certification:
- High School Diploma and or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- At least 4+ years’ experience in assisting and administrative roles
- At least 4+ years’ experience working with diverse multi barrier ELL persons.
- Must be able to communicate with multi barrier immigrant/visible minority/ELL persons.
- Effective cross-cultural experience, sensitivity, and skills.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Marketing experience would be asset.
- Strong computer, database, Internet, and Email experience
- Ability to prepare monthly project reports.
- Professional integrity, adaptability, and flexibility
- Cross cultural awareness
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and independently with minimal supervision.
- Second language a definite asset
- Must have access to reliable vehicle.