Part Time Intervenor Support Worker
- Independent Living Program
- Sarnia, ON, CAN
Be someone's eyes and ears. Bring the world to a person who is deafblind.
Sensity has an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Intervenor to Support People who are Deaf and Blind to join our team in Sarnia, ON. The Intervenor supports communication and day-to-day living for individuals who are living with dual sensory impairment so that they may live independently. Join us to learn new skills and experience personal growth and fulfillment.
- Part Time 24-32hrs week (shifts include: days, evenings, overnights and weekends on a rotational schedule)
- Internal Application Reference: PT3
- A competitive wage (starting at $19.38/hour) and $3/hour wage enhancement while Ministry has approval.
- Benefit plan including a Health Spending Account
- Paid sick days
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings.
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops in the community and abroad
The Intervenor supports communication and day-to-day living for individuals who are living with dual sensory impairment so that they may live independently. Join us to learn new skills and experience personal growth and fulfillment.
- Supporting the consumer in their home and community environments.
- Using communication techniques to relay information.
- Empowering the consumer to participate and be successful in all aspects of daily living including personal hygiene, meal preparation, house cleaning, volunteerism, among others.
- Providing personal care as required (e.g. lifts and transfers, toileting, personal hygiene, medication administration, etc.).
- Assisting with developing and supporting consumer goals and objectives.
- Assisting with program development.
- Ensuring documentation and records are complete
Education and Related Experience:
- We will train you to support our clients through our in-house training program
- Completion of a college diploma or certificate in the Intervenor for Deafblind Persons program, or: Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW), Community Services Worker (CSW), Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), or a related human services field.
- Experience supporting persons with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviours.
- Experience supporting persons with mental health conditions.
- Communication in American Sign Language (ASL) or Signed Exact English (SEE).
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of a successful Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance.
- This position requires repetitive hand motion and good manual dexterity and moderate stooping, bending and lifting. The incumbent must be able to lift 35 lbs to 50 lbs on an occasional basis. The position will be required to work indoors and outdoors.
Apply NOW with your Resume
Please quote job SPT032921-WINP in your cover letter when applying..
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.