Reporting to the Program and Services Manager and working closely with the Finance and Operations Manager, Transition Housing Coordinator and the Intervention Team Lead, the Shelter Coordinator, takes the lead on all administrative aspects of shelter operations, and provides strong support to the Program and Services Manager to ensure quality, culturally-appropriate shelter intervention services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide intervention support and coaching to the shelter Intervention team (approximately 40-50% time on the floor).
- Produce by mid-month the intervention team schedule for the following month, ensuring full coverage for all shifts.
- Build and coordinate an on-call list of intervention workers to provide replacement coverage for gaps in the schedule.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of bi-weekly time sheets for all members of the intervention team.
- Coordinate and track all HR-related matters for intervention workers (except performance management; this is the role of the Program and Services Manager).
- With the Program and Services Manager, provide support to intervention worker recruitment processes.
- With the Program and Services Manager, support the development of culturally appropriate policies and protocols that ensure the safety and well-being of staff and participants at the shelter.
- Communicate and ensure compliance of all shelter policies and protocols, including protocols related to COVID-19.
- Oversee the supply management of all shelter donations.
- Create and oversee a thriving shelter volunteer program that contributes to the overall functioning and well-being of the shelter.
- Provide oversite to PAQ outreach activities.
- Serve as the point person and liaison within the Intervention team on COVID-19 information about service trajectory, services, cleaning protocols.
- Provide support to the Shelter Case Worker and Animator in organizing activities for shelter participants.
- Be proactive in monitoring trends and changes in the field of shelter management and homelessness and make recommendations to the Program and Services Manager accordingly.
- Produce statistics and reports for the shelter.
- Infuses a spirit of excellence and innovation within PAQ culture and working environment.
- Promotes PAQ’s values at work and externally
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Values and Attributes
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to reconciliation with Canada’s Indigenous peoples
- Personal qualities of integrity, diligence, and dedication to PAQ’s mission
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate persistence in resolving issues
- High energy, positive “can-do” attitude, with a high degree of flexibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of intergenerational trauma and on-going realities in Indigenous communities, urban barriers, and Indigenous social issues.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a senior intervention role, preferably within an Indigenous organization, and/or within the homelessness sector
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an administrative coordination role in a community-based organization.
- Bilingualism: proficient in spoken French and English; knowledge of an Indigenous language is a significant asset.
- Strong IT skills and experience are essential, particularly working with databases; able to initiate technological solutions
- Strong time management and coordination skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate well with team members and use a collaborative approach
- Proactive mentoring skills
Required Academic or Other Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Management, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Completion of OMEGA or other similar training program is an asset.
- Flexible schedule (regular evening and weekend hours)
Contract: Full-time permanent, 35 hours per week
Location: Downtown Montreal at the PAQ shelter. This is an on-site role and cannot be carried out remotely.
- $45,500$ annual (25$/hour) + 10% COVID bonus during the Montréal state of emergency
- Staff health insurance plan