PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION (37.5 hrs per week)
LOCATION: Provincial Office - Station Tower (13401 – 108th Avenue, Surrey)
CLOSES: May 10, 2021 at 4:30 PM PST
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
MNBC’s Employer of Choice Initiative provides employees with a competitive total compensation package including:
- Comprehensive group benefit package or health-care spending account and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan
- 14 paid days per year for statutory and cultural days (Indigenous People Day & Louis Riel Day)
- Carpool, parking & public transit subsidies (Headquarters)
- Educational spending account and professional development allowances to provide annual funding to continue lifelong learning and skills upgrade.
- Remote workplace supports.
- Internal advancement & redeployment opportunities
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-orientated individual to join our Provincial Office team as an IT Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the primary objective of the role is to oversee the overall performance, security, and integrity of MNBC’s electronic networks located at the Provincial Office, Regional Offices and Chartered Communities across B.C. The role will ensure that MNBC’s information system requirements are met, and electronic data operations are maintained.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate information technology systems, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluate technology needs of MNBC and oversee the implementation of systems that address the requirements.
- Plan and manage projects, risks, costs, time, and project teams, ensuring that all activities align with MNBC’s vision and strategic plan.
- Work closely with MNBC ministries, departments, and users to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct system related issues as they arise.
- Deliver timely and high-quality work on incident resolution and post-incident analysis focusing on root-cause analysis, problem prevention, and knowledge sharing.
- Implement and maintain Problem Management methodologies to resolve any chronic or known issues affecting systems performance, efficiency, and availability.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing proactive support resulting in high service availability.
- Continually monitor, analyze, and report on system usage and plan for growth or increases in system capacity as needed.
- Develop automation strategies for accelerated provisioning and configurations of devices and services.
- Assess the need for any IT architecture or system re-architecture or reconfigurations (minor or significant).
- Wherever possible, implement the automation of security patching, software updates, license compliance, and user password resets.
- Develop training programs for onboarding new team members.
- Create annual and project budgets.
- Create emergency-response plans that will keep MNBC operational in the event of a natural or IT crisis.
- Regularly keep Director of Operations apprised of technology-related activities, issues, and projects.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in information technology management.
- Combination of relevant experience, education, and training will be considered.
- Knowledge and/or awareness of the historical and contemporary contributions made by Métis people in B.C.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems and the ability to create relevant reporting and/or process and procedure.
- In-depth knowledge of current Windows information technology systems, infrastructures, and technologies including network integration.
- Proven abilities in all aspects of project management.
- Software development experience, an asset.
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lead, problem solve, and utilize team-building skills
- Proven ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills to deal with others effectively
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Word, Excel and other database/software required by the role
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of the normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license and access to reliable personal vehicle for work purposes
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.