Nights sleep Disability Support Worker (Temp Full Time) - Vegreville
Job ID J0421-1189
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Location: Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40 plus
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Sleep nights - 7:00pm - 7:00am
Compensation: $20.00 - $23.00 /Hour
304-34 Vegreville Fourplex
WJS Canada’s personalized planning provides a wide range of residential options for adults with complex needs and developmental disabilities. Our commitment is to provide individualized supports that encourage goal setting, maximizing teachable moments and celebrating progress and independence. Disability Support Workers also support the unique strengths and qualities of each person served and encourage community participation.
*** This is a TEMPORARY Full time position for 8 to 12 months***
Shift rotation: 12 hr shifts (7pm - 7am; sleep hours 10pm-6am)
Week #1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun Week#2: Wed, Thurs
WJS Canada is hiring a highly qualified Disability Support Worker for the "Fourplex" Program in Vegreville, Alberta to support/supervise individuals with developmental disabilities.
During overnight hours sleep shift staff ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment for the person in care and are available to provide immediate support in crisis situations. In the event of an emergent situation, sleep staff will be responsible for awake responsibilities.
*The $20.09 - $23.09/hr complex need rate is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate of $17.09-$20.09 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. Sleep hours are paid at$15/hr*
NOTE* All Direct Service positions are now part of the union.
In Your Role You Will
• Be aware of the individual’s physical, social and recreational environments, taking action to minimize risks and maximize participation/inclusion.
• Implement person-centered plans designed to support and assist persons in a residential group or private home setting
• Assist individuals to develop personal home living skills or assist with direct care of high needs and/or medically fragile individuals, as required.
• Provide instruction, guidance and support in a helpful and supportive manner.
• Assist and support individuals to participate in a meaningful way in their personal life planning definition of personal goals.
• Model socially appropriate behaviours.
• Administer medical administration or first aid, according to prescribed procedures.
• Participates in shift exchanges, staff communication and communication of issues or concerns.
• Maintain required documentation.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities & complex needs.
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada offers customized social services supports and programs to individuals with the following disabilities:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Syndrome
Our goals are to help individuals become independent, improve their lives and develop life skills. We meet these goals by focusing on each individual's strengths. Our programs include:
- Self-help skills training
- Community Living
- Home Living Options
- Behavioural consultation
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages (for full time employees)
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply for JOB# J0421-1189 online at www.wjscanada.com
Or click (copy/paste into your internet browser) the link below:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!