TRRUST is a collective of statutory and nongovernmental organizations working to improve outcomes for youth aging out of care in Vancouver, for which the McCreary Centre Society is the backbone organization
TRRUST is looking for a summer student with an interest in improving outcomes for youth aging out of government care to: work virtually with the TRRUST manager and as part of a team to support the ongoing work of the collective’s clusters (subgroups) and the Collective Young Leaders (CYL). This includes contributing to ongoing initiatives to enhance youth engagement and leadership development; supporting initiatives related to housing, education, employment, meaningful connections, and health, well-being and culture; planning virtual events; contributing to social media communications; supporting other youth from care in TRRUST-related activities; and completing administrative tasks (e.g., meeting notes, agendas).
Skills and Experience:
• Interest in improving outcomes for youth aging out of government care
• Basic computer and digital media skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Flexible and adaptable
• Experience working with young people is considered an asset
• Experience in event planning and implementation is considered an asset.
To be considered for the position you must:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Hours of work: 35 per week
• $16.50 per hour
• Start Date: ASAP for 8 weeks
Position will remain open until filled.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!