JOB POSTING #2021-94-01
Recruitment and Engagement Specialist
Wage: $25.00 per hour
Full Time: 35 hr/wk.
Temporary- October 2021 (potential for extension)
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969. We provide more than 85 programs and services to clients at every stage of life. Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all. We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership. Come help us help people.
The Recruitment and Engagement Specialist works as part of the HR Team to develop, implement, and manage HR programs and initiatives. This position focuses largely on addressing the agency’s recruitment and engagement needs, designing and implementing changes, and developing Archway’s engagement with candidates.
- Evaluates the current recruitment and selection process and tools recommending changes based on best practices and program needs.
- Develops and implements changes to recruitment process, tools, and solutions.
- Coordinates and attends job fairs and HR related events as needed.
- Evaluates Careers section of Archway website recommending changes to strengthen resources for candidates and candidate experience.
- Strengthen Archway’s candidate engagement.
- Provides support to supervisors in recruiting and advertising jobs.
- Develops and updates job descriptions through the job analysis process.
- Manages the Onboarding process for new and existing staff as required.
- Reviews agency’s employee engagement needs recommending changes.
- Develops and implements engagement tools and solutions.
- Assists with the interpretation and review of policies and procedures providing recommendations for change.
- Assists with End of Employment process for exiting staff.
- Working with the HR Generalist, develops and delivers training to supervisors as required.
- Working with the HR team, assist in developing, implementing, and administering HR’s Strategic plan.
- Assists with HR administrative tasks, collecting and managing documentation as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Human Resources, psychology, communication or related field, or 5 years’ experience in the HR field.
- CPHR Candidate or Designation.
- At least 2 years’ experience administering the recruitment and selection process.
- Experience building and implementing HR processes and tools.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Strong written, verbal, and active listening skills, able to communicate effectively and respectfully with a variety of people.
- Well-developed knowledge of the BC Employment Standards Act, the BC Labour Relations Act, the Workers Compensation Act, the BC Human Rights Code, and principles of Employment and Labour Law.
- Strong relationship building skills, able to build effective and respectful working relationships with co-workers, mangers, supervisors, and staff.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with people who have a variety of perspectives.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of the recruitment and selection process and relevant principles and techniques.
- Strong planning, organizing, and time management skills, able to manage competing priorities.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Well-developed computer skills, able to use Office 365 and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- This position requires adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- This position works in a shared office space.