The Safeguarding and Facilitating Empowerment (SAFE) Project will develop and implement promising prevention and intervention practices to advance knowledge and enhance empowerment supports for at-risk populations and survivors of human trafficking, with specific focus on immigrants, refugees, and other newcomers to Canada.
This position is responsible for ensuring that project deliverables are met as stipulated in the funding contract, handling day-to-day project operations, working with internal, community, agency, and funding partners, and supervising project staff.
• Knowledgeable about human trafficking, forced labour, and related issues and considerations;
• Knowledge about and experience working with immigrants, refugees, and other newcomers to Canada;
• Experience and knowledge regarding trauma-informed practice;
• Experience in project planning, development, and coordination;
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an area such as Human Rights, Gender Studies, Social Work, Sociology, or a related field. Related training and experience can potentially take the place of education;
• Competency with staff supervision or leading a team;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to speak, read and write in fluent English;
• A working knowledge of standard office equipment and software applications (word processing and spreadsheets);
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and a passion for working in a diverse, multicultural environment
• A current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Engaging Newcomers, Enriching Communities
HOURS: 28 hours per week
Please note, this is a limited term position until March 31st, 2023.
This position will be based at our Vancouver location and may require occasional travel to other service locations. Due to COVID, services are presently being delivered remotely, and are subject to change based on current public health directives.
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!